Tuesday, March 8, 2011

More Reasons to Love SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL CAFE (SKOW)


Okay, so this is crazy: Only a couple of weeks after posting my Some Kind of Wonderful Cafe (SKOW) feature, it has received most views and has surpassed all the other stats in this blog. WOW. If you look at the side bar of this blog, it is now the most viewed entry! Congratulations SKOW!



And thanks of course to all you visitors who keep on checking in, thanks for all the views and comments. Please visit Marikina for all your food trippin' needs, I promise to feature more foodie places for you to check out. :D

Anyway, last weekend, I was back in SKOW, this time with my family for an extended birthday celebration of my sister. I raved so much about the place that in the end they were the ones insisting we go there!

I tried their pasta, which I wasn't able to order last time I was there because we already had too much to eat. I ordered the puttanesca (120 PhP) which I ALWAYS order in all restaurants I go to that has Italian cuisine on their menu.


Three words: IT. WAS. FLAVORFUL. Order this!!! I actually believe all the pasta dishes are good, so I'll try another one on my next visit.

My bayaw (brother in law) ordered the cheeseburger (140 PhP) according to my high recommendation.


Of course, he LOVED it. I know, right? :)

Now, introducing the star dish of the night: BARBECUED SPARE RIBS (140 PhP). Served with potato salad and rice, it was a hit with everyone. I'll order this next time too, all those ribs to myself! Hehehehe!



FLAVORFUL FOOD, HAPPY PEOPLE. :) (Do you see those big oatmeal cookies on our table? They're really good too!! Must-try!)


The service, as always, was impeccable. I love these guys! (That's co-owner Dennis at the counter, if I am not mistaken.)

Told you I would order buffalo wings (135 PhP) again.


SKOW is operated by brother-sister tandem Dennis Malonzo and Chef Graciela Malonzo, with Chef Suzie Reyes actively helping out with the improvement and formulation of their recipes. No wonder their food is sooooo good!!

And oh, when I was there, they were playing SEONA DANCING!

Visit SKOW today! (Except if you're reading this on a Tuesday.)

SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL CAFE (SKOW)
Rainbow Street, SSS Village
(Right across St. Paul Parish, if you're commuting, take the SSS jeep or FX and ask Manong Driver to let you off near Saint Paul Parish)
Marikina City, Metro Manila
(02) 409-1242 / 09282714998
OPEN everyday EXCEPT Tuesdays FROM 12nn to 10pm
Munching Budget per person: starts at 100 PhP

Visit this post to see my map: Click me!

Marikina, aking hirang.

Roni

28 comments:

  1. the pasta puttanesca looks so simple yet so delicious...well-crafted recipe for a pasta, i;d say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Vice, you said it right. the pasta looks so simple it is full of flavor, i just love it! :) did you try other pasta dishes there? so many more to try on the menu. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think their pasta, cheeseburger and entrees are the best in marikina, in my humble opinion even better than restaurants in maginhawa qc. i hate to burst your bubble to lidia and qizia but watch out for this small cafe they can pull the rug under you. try also their choco caramel cake, just try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup Tony you said it right! I was a skeptic before, until i tasted their food. Grabe ang sarap ng tsibog nila, in fact regular customer nako nila, haha! Ang problema lang medyo maliit yung place, i already suggested to the owner to find a bigger place, the owner told me yup! bumubwelo lang daw sila. Rapsa talaga lalo na yung salmon steak nila in caper sauce. YAMI!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi roni,
    i just want to thank you for taking time and featuring places that cater good food especially in marikina. im also a marikenya who loves to eat. i already heard about friends and other people raving about this new small cafe w/ the name skow. like others i was a little bit cold and skeptic about trying it, until i saw your blog about skow, thats the time i decided to try it. i was there a week ago, all i can say is youre right, grabe the food is great. i tried the cheeseburger and the bbq ribs, the food is excellent. also tried their fish n chips yummy! try their cakes very home made, not the typical designer cakes na dinadaan sa presentation. their cakes are at par with mrs. yulos of dasma, the famous strawberry short cake. thanks again roni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi tony montana! did you just say choco caramel cake?!?! why wasn't i able to try that, huhuhu! must go back to SKOW soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi morris sy! with a bigger place i'm sure they will rock even more! i can imagine an 80s disco setting in the evening...or maybe 80ish bands :) oh no, hindi ko pa nata-try yung salmon steak nila!! :) so for my next visit, that'll be the choco caramel cake + salmon steak!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Anonymous! my pleasure, i'm a proud Marikenya and I figured no one has really focused on food trips in our city. i'm glad to be of help :D if their cakes measure up to those in dasma (where lots of really good bakers thrive), then i believe it will be a cake festival for me the next time in SKOW!! :D i'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Roni, we tried to drop by last Saturday but they were closed!I got a message from the number you posted,they might reopen next week but for now they are undergoing maintenance repair,just giving you guys a heads-up

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey there Frennie, thanks so much for the heads-up. I'll update my posts on SKOW so readers can confirm before going there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. SKOW will re-open on wednesday (May 18, 2011) I've talked to the owner (Dennis) yesterday, he said that they were very sorry for the delay. He said they've updated their menu, they have a lot to offer now on their new menu. And best of all SKOW is "Turning Japanese", SKOW will now serve japanese food. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you so much again Andrea! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Roni,

    Thanks for feauturing SKOW. My friend and I went there the other day and we had a BLAST! Blasting belt buckles and buttons!Hahaha! The food was definitely superb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Roni, thanks for the tip abt SKOW. We love the food (we went there last sunday), the ambience and the service. However, I still think cafe lidia's (especially the Buffalo Wings) are better. But we'll definitely come back. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion, but we think SKOW is better than Cafe Lidia and Qizia combined. SKOW is just 5 months old and look at the rave's been getting, IMHO their Entrees, pasta and cheeseburger are the best i,ve tasted so far in marikina. I was a regular customer of lidia and qizia before, but sorry to say, they are overrated. SKOW definitely ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Roni!
    Thanks for the great feature..:) I've tried SKOW's Salmon in Lemon Caper sauce and its definitely the best!!! :-D It's even better than Conti's Salmon Steak,reasonably priced too. Thank you for sharing your gastronomic adventures! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi Natalia, Christine, Tony and Frankie! thanks for sharing all your SKOW experiences. my family and I also have an absolutely great time whenever we visit SKOW. Cheers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. @Frankie:

    I AM CRAZY ABOUT THEIR SALMON STEAK IN LEMON CAPER SAUCE!! Oh well, I can't emphasize enough :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just a heads-up guys, we were at SKOW last sunday. The owner (Dennis) said, that they will be closed on wednesday until friday (june 17). They will re-open on Saturday (June 18). The reason for the 3 day closure, chef owner Graciela is going to Seoul for a 3 day seminar. If you're planning to go to SKOW this week, sorry guys, Sat pa open nila!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love SKOW! my husband and I eat here every weekend after church service.favorite namin 'ung cheeseburger nila!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi again Mel! ang daya, i wish i could eat there every week too! Addict na ako sa salmon nila and choco caramel cake :D Love their cheeseburger too! thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi i just want to share a link. Thanks!
    http://stachemagazineonline.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Guys share ko lang this link, Cheers to SKOW!
    http://www.juice.ph/dining/features/coded-cuisine-revealed

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks so much Andrea and Blane for the links! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. my boyfriend & i were here yesterday and the place was lovely ♥ love the barbecued spareribs; and my boyfriend, who is a "burger critic" was all-smiles with SKOW's cheeseburger and said "Panalo 'to!" ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Zarah! great to hear that you had a great time ;-) I miss SKOW!! Thanks for sharing your experience here :-) Cheers!

      Delete
  26. Does SKOW serve MILKSHAKE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they do, and personally, I think they serve one of the BEST milk shakes in Marikina ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for your messages! Feel free to leave them here. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...