Sunday, March 20, 2011

CASA FELIZ


Before Sweetie and I went on an evening road trip last weekend, we decided to grab something to eat at Casa Feliz. I have heard so much about the place, specially their cakes and pastries, so we both agreed to tick off next from our Marikina food trip checklist "Casa Feliz" (Spanish for "Happy Home").

We arrived quite late, it was almost 9:00! Which worked to our advantage: the place was lit with Christmas-y lights, perfect for their garden setting.


There are two dining areas, the main dining area and the one near the bakeshop. You can see some furnishings that render the place a bit more homey.



After looking around a bit, we sat down and asked for the menu. As with some of the previously featured food spots in Marikina, their prices are very, very reasonable. Marikina is indeed the food-trip-place-to-be.


I know you are excited to see the food photos, so here they are:

 Buffalo wings - loved the sweet and spicy and sour sauce with the dressing. Yum! (70 PhP)

Pesto aligue (crab fat) pasta: I can order this every single time. (90 PhP)

 Where did this cheese-tangled pizza come from?


 Where else, from a whole Spanish pizza (220 PhP). These guys are sure generous with the mozzarella!

 My favorite shot of their Carrot Cake! :) (Notice the lights?)

 They actually serve the cake slices with art. :)

And the star of the night: their famous VIDA VERDE cake! A slice of Sans Rival with green tea infusion. So light, so crisp and chewy at the same time, with just the right sweetness.

After munching on all those goodies, we dropped by their bakeshop and bought some chocolate chip cookies. Sorry, no photos. I already devoured them. They taste so good!! They're different, believe me. I am just so happy to know that there are so many great food places in Marikina that exist which make the city worthy of being called a food trip haven.

Interesting stuff we saw at the bakeshop:

 Scarlet red cake...wow!

Colorful cupcakes!

Uniquely Casa Feliz. :)


CASA FELIZ
95 Rainbow St., Hacienda Heights, Concepcion Dos, Marikina City
Tel. No.: (02) 933-6653
Open from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
You can also visit wwww casafelizcakes.com
Munching Budget per person: starts at 100 PhP

My map of Casa Feliz made with love (click on the image to enlarge):


And yes, Casa Feliz is a neighbor to SKOW!

Marikina, aking hirang.

Roni

20 comments:

  1. I've been here, and their cakes are real good! I sooooo love your blog. Food lover here and a Marikenya as well. I'll definitely check your blog every now and then. I am doing some food blogs too. Feel free to drop by at my blog.

    http://i-am-ina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Ina! :) thanks so much for the lovely comment. you have a very cool blog too, i included you in my reading list. :D

    thanks again and more power!!

    P.S. the cakes in Casa Feliz rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ano yun nasa pizza na round-shaped thingy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! the round thingies are slices of chorizo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Carrot Cake looks really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Josie, yes, and tastes very good too! You should also try their chocolate chip cookies and their Vida Verde sans rival :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Masarap yung chocolate chip cookies nila... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @marc: oh yessss!! those cookies are my favorite! i keep bugging my sister to drop by casa feliz so i can buy even a pack of those treats. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm from Rancho and never knew that such a restaurant existed. I'll be heading there later for dinner! Thank You Roni

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi anonymous, me too i just discovered the restaurant last month! it was a jewel. i love their cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love how they've managed to maintain affordable prices but still serve quality food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're right jason, almost all the entrees cost below 100pesos. :D basta favorite ko talaga yung pesto aligue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. I believe they do... I will try to get in touch with them and ask. But if you'll be going anytime soon you can contact them through their numbers posted here :-) Thanks!

      Delete
  14. Woohoo, thanks for your blog! I wanted to know Casa Feliz's pricing as we have visited SKOW 2 weeks ago and we didn't enjoy there. Anyway, we will visit CF for my preschooler's post-grad dinner. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! awww which dishes did you order sa SKOW? it's actually one of our faves. ;-) let me know how your Casa Feliz experience goes as well ;-) thanks again for dropping by!

      Delete
  15. Hi gusto ko lang po malaman kung anong best seller nyong cake ,


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! I believe the Viva Verde remains to be their best seller ;-)

      Delete
  16. Goodafternoon po.
    Ask lang po kung ano yung Vision and mission nyo po.
    And then kung kanino nyo po dinededicate ang inyong business.
    Thanks po :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there! you may get in touch with the owners directly using the details I have indicated above for your concern. thanks so much for dropping by!! :-)

      cheers,
      Roni

      Delete

Thank you for your messages! Feel free to leave them here. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...