Sunday, October 2, 2011

CORAZON'S



I really love it when readers leave comments here or on the Facebook page of All Over Marikina (a.k.a. The Marikina Food Trip blog). Last Sunday, we were looking for another place to check out and remembered that a reader recommended Corazon's in Sapphire street. (That area is full of great food places, I tell you.) Curious cows that we are, we headed to Corazon's for dinner.

The restaurant is near foodie spots like Some Kind of Wonderful Cafe (SKOW), Spartea Spa and Bubble Tea, Casa Feliz, Burrito Brothers, and a gazillion more restos that we are yet to check out (*excited*). You will see a sign just outside their resto, so you won't miss this when you speed through Sapphire. SSS-bound jeepneys and FX pass here too.

We were greeted by a nice fountain set-up. There were only a few diners then, probably because we arrived quite late (err, 9:00 p.m.?). I can imagine the place getting packed for lunch or dinner or weekends since it is near schools and churches.


 
Extensive menu? Thumbs up!

So many dishes to choose from! Rice dishes, pasta, sandwiches, grilled, sizzling - the options are endless. Here is what we ordered:

Sizzling Tanigue Steak with Rice (145 PhP)

 Chicken Pesto with Crunchy Chicken Strips (135 PhP)

Free iced tea that comes with the pasta dish

Of course, we have a favorite dish of the night:

Fish N' Chips (185 PhP). Looooove the tender fish sticks with crunchy breading and mustard-mayo sauce, and THE FRIES! Another must-order next time!

 My photography mentor says "It's chow time!"

The perks of dining late - we had the place to ourselves, haha!

 Oooops, don't forget to try their desserts. We had the carrot leche flan (60 PhP)

The place is ideal for family gatherings, wedding receptions or debuts. Corazon's is labelled "The Village Platter" probably because the restaurant's forte is catering to big groups. (They excellently serve individual or small groups of diners too, don't worry.)

There is also a nook where you can whisper sweet nothings to your love... or simply relax. :)


CORAZON'S (The Village Platter)
60 Sapphire St., corner Sandalwood, SSS Village Phase II, Concepcion Dos
Marikina City, Metro Manila
Tel. No.: (02) 948-3734
For commuters, take the SSS jeep or FX and get off right in front of Corazon's.
Munching Budget per person: starts at 50 PhP

Marikina, aking hirang.

Roni

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Great blog Roni!
    I too am a fan of the undiscovered and unhyped places to eat in Marikina. After my girlfriend and I discovered Cafe Lidia and that bakery with the windmill (forgot the name), searching for new places in this city became part of our dates. Thanks to your reviews!

    My girlfriend is from lower Antipolo but since she's a Kulasa (are you from St.Scho as well?) she maintains that she loves Marikina (and we regularly run here in the track). Let me add you to my blogroll ha? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Seamus! the bakery with the windmill is Pan De Amerikana. :) Great to hear that you and your girlfriend are often around Marikina for food places and running (I run at the Sports park whenever I can). By the way, I am from Marikina Science High ;) Linked to your blog as well! Thanks for dropping by, cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roni, your blog is so refreshing! Quite unique as you focus on Marikina food finds. More power ha! :) Thank you for sharing these comprehensive posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, thanks so much thess! We are proud of Marikina and we are sharing it to the world through our food adventures. The city deserves so much more attention than what it is currently getting :D Food tourism it is! Hehe. Thanks again, comments such as yours keep us going ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never knew there's so many great places to eat at Marikina until I stumbled into your blog! I used to live in the outskirts of the city myself (read: Barangka), so I never had the opportunity to explore Marikina's "hidden" foodplaces, and actually, I was just surfing for information on where they moved the Dampa-style ihaw-ihaw stalls that used to be in Riverbanks. But skimming through your blog made me think that there's so many great food places in Marikina me and wife should try! Keep up the good work on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi JTy! thank you so much for dropping by! I'm glad I'm able to share Marikina's great hidden food places to people like you who also love food :) keep coming back for more hidden restos! I hope you and your wife enjoy discovering all these foodie places in our city. thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great chances that we knew this blog site. I was then searching for a helpful ad for Cluc's when it came out.

    Thank you Ms. Roni for featuring CLUC's CAFE.
    Hoping it will be discover by most MARIKEƱOS sooner! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks as well! :-) I hope my blog helps in your foodie place hunting
      :-) Cheers!

      Delete

Thank you for your messages! Feel free to leave them here. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...