Thursday, February 2, 2012

BIKSA COFFEE




This post is dedicated to a very special group I discovered on Pinoy Exchange: the PEX FOOD TRIP! family. How come, you might ask. Well, as a blogger I regularly check my blog stats which include the traffic sources directing people to my site. A link to their discussion board always comes up in the top 5 referring sites and for that, I love them oh-so-much. (Not to mention, I know one of their members, Jessica! Hey there sweetness.)

I dedicate this post to them because I imagine them hanging out in this place after a good food trip somewhere in Marikina. I imagine their fun group chatting about the food adventure they just had and spending the rest of the night talking, sipping coffee, laughing and well, maybe another set of food trip in this lovely coffee shop called BIKSA COFFEE.

Two words: SPANKIN' INTERIORS. Simply WOW.

I know the couch caught your attention. Don't deny it.

 Let's have coffee here forever. Haha!

Ah, the couch is calling me again. Too bad it can't fit in my purse.

I want one like this at home. Hehe!

Uhm, yes those photos were just the other side of the Biksa. Here is a photo of my super friends Wennie and Jane at the "dessert" side of the coffee shop. Hay, such a lovely place.

We were having some 'serious' discussions about love and life that night (naks!), accompanied by these treats:

 Italian Strawberry Soda

 Iced Caffe Mocha (Executive size 89 PhP/ Tycoon size 125 PhP)

 Nachos with Spicy Salsa

 Tuna Carratierre Pasta (139 PhP)

 Personal Frutti di Mare Pizza (yum!) (125 PhP)

 Personal Pizza Margherita (109 PhP)

Chicken Asparagus Sandwich (155 PhP)

Super friends will never let you down! :) *love*

Okay, I think I might have posted too many photos... hehe! :) So, if you're in search for a place that will help you regain equilibrium (quoting their site), check out Biksa Coffee and experience the fantastic ambience yourself.


BIKSA COFFEE
18 Gil Fernando Avenue corner Dragon St., Marikina City
Tel. No.: (02) 682-6912
For their complete menu and directions going to Biksa, visit their website here.
Check out their e-menu here.
Munching Budget per person: starts at 75 PhP

Marikina, aking hirang.

Roni

22 comments:

  1. hi roniiiiiiiiiiiii :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this place!This is one of our "to - go' places in Marikina and for sure we will after reading your review.

    Well, we (PEX bloggers group) should be the one thanking you for providing us such wonderful food blog. Thank you very much for all of these. Maybe next time we can finally schedule a get together in on of Marikika's hidden gem. :) Take care Ronni! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there Jessica dear! yes, I do hope I could join you guys one of these days. mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Roni! This is from PEx Food Trip (or Food Club). Thanks for the mention, we really miss food tripping at Marikina. :) I hope we can arrange another Marikina food trip soon. :)

    http://dekaphobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this place looks nice and cozy :) Yeah we join the PEX Gluttony Society (PIGS for short, but still looking for a good use of the 'I' abbreviation :P ) and the food trips are always a blast :). Thanks for sharing and hope to se eyou in our future food trips :) !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lage ko ndadaanan pag galing sa Robinsons East...try ko toh next time hehe :) -Precious

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi michymichymoo! :) thanks for dropping by! I'll look forward to hearing about your food trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Ray! Yes, I hope I could join you guys some time soon. :) Cheers to your awesome foodie group! Adding you and Michy in my blogroll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Precious: thanks to you as well, I hope you have a great time in Biksa like we did! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm no coffee drinker, but by the feedbacks and also the looks of the product, i'm sure they serve really good coffee to match the ambience :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I first met the owner of Biksa on the very day Ondoy wrecked the place. We ended up helping him and his team bring his freezers, espresso machine and anything else salvageable to the second floor. Got stranded in the building. At least we had water and food.

    The gray waves painted on the wall is actually a reminder of that day. That was the water line when Biksa got submerged by the flood. Owner decided to paint over it.

    The rattan sofas you see have been restored. Those were the same ones from before Ondoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi Charo! it's heartwarming to read stories of helping out one another :') I never would have known that those waves painted a story. Thanks a bunch for sharing that part of Biksa's history with us :) wow, they definitely have come a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My pleasure Roni! I absolutely love your blog since I discovered this late last year. Congratulations on your two year anniversary! :)

    One of these days you might want to try Greg & Sally Tree Garden Cafe. I haven't tried it yet. But what pictures of the interior I've seen so far actually make it look enticing. I plan to take my best friend there tomorrow before she leaves for Singapore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been wanting to go to Greg and Sally for the looooongest time :( I made a reservation before kaya lang nag-typhoon that weekend so we had to cancel.I will try again this month :) I love the photos on their FB page... I mean, who doesn't love gardens, right? Thanks again Charo! See you around!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Errr.. Had a bad experience here. I was a regular customer until i felt that the head waiter picked on me. First time pinalagpas ko lang. Second time i'm out and never coming back. That was two different occasions. The owner was nice but the incidents happened when he wasnt' there.

    If you like hanging out in coffee shops that have a relaxed atmosphere go to biksa. Just watch out for that rude waiter. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, got me curious who that waiter was? what did he do? sorry to hear about your bad experience :-(

      Delete
    2. Manager/waiter/cook ata sya. Try asking for parmesan. They'll give you something so old na save pa ata nila from Ondoy. LOLZ

      Delete
    3. awwww! sorry about that. :-(( i cannot really take sides, but if it were true then i hope they fix that asap. super luma naman if ganun ang naging comparison haha. cheers!

      Delete
  16. is this still open? i couldn't access their site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't checked on them for a while, I'll try to see this weekend if they are still operational :-)

      Delete

Thank you for your messages! Feel free to leave them here. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...