Sunday, February 24, 2013

CLUC'S CAFE



My attention was immediately caught by a message on the Marikina Food Trip page saying that there's this new cafe at Concepcion by the name of CLUC'S CAFE. I was quite excited to check it out since we live near the area, so we included in our plans a food trip to Cluc's for the following weekend.

It wasn't that hard to locate, if you're familiar with Bogg's building then that's where this is. Also, coming from JP Rizal-Lamuan towards the direction of Concepcion, once you see Luyong and the Mercury Drug, turn right. Keep your eyes to your left and you'll see Cluc's Cafe's signs.

The place is spacious, I've been told that receptions, parties and other special occasions have been celebrated here since they opened.

 A TV, in case you want to catch up on some basketball game, or, like us, Cartoon Network. hehe!

Next time I dine at Cluc's I'll sit in this comfy corner ;-)

 There's outdoor dining to, for those who prefer it al fresco

So, are you ready for some food SHOW? (I cannot put the word p*rn because my site gets blocked, for some of my readers who have really efficient firewalls haha) This post is picture-heavy, because the cafe people at Cluc's are so nice that we tried one dish after another. Mmmmm. Food.

On with the show!

Crispy Fish Burger (110 PhP) My sister loves this! Fried Dory fish fillet served on sesame bun with garlic mayo, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and emmental cheese.

 Bolognese (190 PhP) Spaghetti with meat sauce, topped with basil and parmesan cheese. I love this!

Blueberry Chicken Wings. Crispy, sweet, and new to my palate. This will be included in their upcoming menu. Thank you Cluc's for giving our tummies a sneak peek!

Chicken Burger (125 PhP) Quarter of a kilo chicken patty with mayo, mustard, catsup, lettuce, cheddar cheese, tomato and cucumber. The patty was really heavy, and delish, of course.

Classic Cheeseburger (135 PhP) Quarter of a kilo pure beef patty with mayonnaise, mustard and catsup dressing, lettuce, cheddar cheese, tomato and cucumber. Just like how any good ol' cheeseburger should be. Yum. The patty in this burger was really moist.

Hungarian Sausage --- coming soon as well :-) Mom's favorite, as usual.

Cluc's also serves my (and my hubby's) ultimate comfort food: Mac and Cheese (95 PhP) Macaroni coated with Cluc's cheese sauce, topped with fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Hmm, must run back to Cluc's for this. Hehe!

Nachos (110 PhP) Crispy tortilla chips with chili con carne, salsa, black olives, jalapeno peppers and cheese sauce.

This one we really, really, really love: Mixed Berries Pancake! Can't wait to have Cluc's include this in their menu as well. Good job with the pancakes, Cluc's Cafe's Chef!

Crunchy and meaty rolls. Mmmm! Classic. I wanted to order Cluc's Champorado but my tummy said stop. Haha!

Well, I haven't even told you about the drinks. Yet.

Sis enjoying her Strawberries and Cream (135 / 155 / 175 PhP for 12oz / 16 oz / 21 oz)

Irish Coffee (Spiked!) Tip: DO NOT MIX. This one, also something to look forward to in their new menu!

Mocha Jiggle (145 / 165 / 185 PhP for 12 oz / 16 oz / 21 oz) Very refreshing!

Another surprise item you'll watch out for: the Black Forest :-) Yum!

I had my reliable "gang" finish up some of the items (I had to control my caffeine intake: preggers!)

I really love these blueberry wings!

Go ahead and line 'em up!!!

 Tumbler me wants! And the jeepney too! Hehe!

 Souvenir items corner. I see Juan City Market too!

 Another great hangout place in Marikina ;-) 

Pens and mugs

Cute buttons!

Thank God for bringing these awesome places to Marikina. Check out Cluc's Cafe and indulge in comfort food! The servings are quite big so sharing is also possible, unless you come in famished. ;-) They also have all-day breakfasts and entrees such as lechon kawali binagoongan and salt and pepper pork ribs. Must try those when we come back!

P.S. We'd like to give a shout out to our waiter that day, Christian, for excellent dining service. Thanks!



CLUC'S CAFE
Ground Floor, Bogg's Building, along J. Molina St., Concepcion Uno, Marikina City
Tel. No.: (02) 910-4124
Store hours: Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and 5 p.m. to  9 p.m. Closed on Mondays.
Visit their Facebook page here.
Munching Budget per person: starts at 100 PhP


Marikina, aking hirang.

Roni

22 comments:

  1. The bolognese pasta looks expensive for 190 with a small serving? And what was the size of the drinks you ordered? :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KLandrito! the serving of the pasta is good for two, it must be the bowl shape or the angle of my shot... but if one really hungry person is ordering then i think it serves one. the drinks in my photos are 21oz :-) thanks for dropping by as well!! I am a cupcake girl too, great blog you got there. keep baking! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Roni! Nice find! :) Was suggesting a Marikina food trip for our company's food club. San kaya ok magpunta? thanks! :)


    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Michy! wow na-excite naman ako for your club.

      How about you guys try the Marikina signatures: Macky's goto, then walk to Aling Remy's puto, and then go beside the church for some isaw and barbecue at Mang Frederic's barbecue. You can wrap up your tour at Mama Chit's or Cafe Lidia or SKOW...or Qizia or Quina... or Krung Thai! :-) If you are still up for some drinks, try dropping by Bubba Lab or Teasome or Moonleaf for milk teas. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi, how much ung Irish coffee? Ang tagal ko ng naghahanap ng resto na may Irish Coffee buti na lang may nakita ka. hehe. And pano kaya pumunta dyan from cubao? sorry taga QC ako ndi ako familliar sa Marikina. Pero Im an avid reader... :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good evening parangpagibig! They still haven't finalized the new menu, so I currently have no information as to how much the Irish coffee would cost...

      I can give you directions for now (maybe when you get there, despite no "new menu" yet, you can ask them to whip up one for you). From Cubao, you can take the LRT and get off at Katipunan. Then take "SSS" jeepneys or FX. I prefer FX because you can talk to the driver easily, hehe. Ask the driver to let you off near Bogg's building, that's where Cluc's Cafe is. ;-)

      Thanks so much for visiting my blog!! Hope to hear more from you in the future. Cheers!

      Delete
    2. Irish coffee is 85pesos 12oz - two concoctions: mild and strong

      Delete
    3. yey! thanks so much for the info! ;-)

      Delete
  4. I just discovered this blog and I can't believe how cheap the food trip places are in Marikina! Keep posting those nice finds! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Andrew! Thanks so much for dropping by! Feel free to share your Marikina food trip experiences here :-)

      Delete
  5. I'm sure this has been asked many times before. Is your sister single? haha! She's Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for blogging about this place! This is pretty near my album printing supplier so I frequently pass by the place, but never had the courage to try the place out. After seeing your review, I just might the next time I go there! Those nachos, mac & cheese, cheeseburger and chicken wings look scrumptious! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Chad, I really liked the chicken wings :-D and the burgers too! Mac and cheese got cold because I was busy taking photos. It tastes really good when served hot. :-)

      Delete
  7. yummy food,I'm starving already. I'm looking for Italian restaurant, and this place will be my next target.


    online deals philippines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Bernadette, not sure if they relaunched already, if yes, feel free to share your experience here, we'll look forward to that. thanks for visiting the blog! :-)

      Delete
  8. Mukhang sarado na ito ah... hinanap ko 'to yesterday, can't see the any Cluc's signboard in the area... Bagsak tuloy kami sa LA Diner...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww too bad :-( i'll check it out myself, sayang naman they have a nice menu and the place is also cool. :-)

      Delete
    2. Yup sarado na.. Nalugi siguro.. I like the food at LA diner. Roni you should visit lilac may bagong resto, pink chiffon and mogu tree :)

      Delete
    3. I've been wanting to try Mogu Tree!! maybe next week. Pink Chiffon, is it a bakeshop / dessert place? :-)

      Delete
    4. Hindi lang desserts, masarap din mga rice meals and pasta sa pink chiffon. Their cakes are from gateau de manille. I think kris and kim chui went there last friday for kris tv.

      Delete
    5. yes I'm planning to visit Pink Chiffon as well.saw them on KrisTV din hehe ;-) thanks so much for dropping by!

      Delete

Thank you for your messages! Feel free to leave them here. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...